Swedish police on Sunday said the man suspected of driving a stolen truck into a crowd of people in Stockholm on Friday was a failed asylum-seeker. The 39-year-old Uzbek man, who has not been named, was supposed to be deported last year but could not be located by authorities. The suspect was rejected for asylum in June and was sought for deportation. He resurfaced on Friday when he drove a truck into a large crowd of people killing 4 and injuring 15.
After driving the truck into the crowd, the suspect ran away. Police arrested him that evening in northern Stockholm. The media is claiming no terror group has claimed responsibility for the attack, however, the suspect posted several ISIS videos on his social media accounts. Sweden’s national police claims the suspect “had been sympathetic to extremist organizations.” Authorities said that five other people have been arrested in connection with the case. They have questioned more than 500 people so far.
Swedish Police Assaulted
While investigating possible leads on the terrorist attack, Swedish police were attacked by refugees. Police were pelted by rocks near Rinkeby, part of the no-go zone that gained notoriety when Donald Trump referred to it in his speech in February.
Will this finally shut liberals up on the refugee resettlement debate? Probably not, you just can’t talk sense into liberals these days. When one tells you that resettling refugees is safe, tell them to tell that to the families of the 4 murdered in this terrorist attack.